Our Experienced Drug Crime Lawyers Can Strengthen Your Defense
Statistics show that illegal drug use continues to rise so law enforcement continues ever-increasing efforts toward drug-related crimes. Drug charges can range from possession in small amounts of controlled substances to major drug racketeering cases. Regardless of the level of the offense, it is important to work with an experienced criminal law firm to build a tough drug crime defense.
Our defense attorneys at Thompson Garcia have been defending individuals against allegations of drug offenses for more than 50 years. We will ensure your rights are protected as we build a solid defense for your case. Our efforts are focused on getting your drug case dismissed. However, if necessary, we can negotiate with prosecutors to pursue reduced charges. If you have been under investigation or arrested, and charged with any type of drug-related violation, call our experienced drug crime lawyers.
When Do I Need A Drug Crime Lawyer?
If you have been arrested for a drug crime in California, contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Without a knowledgeable attorney, you can unknowingly overlook details that could help with your defense. Our firm has a combined 50-plus years of legal experience, resulting in favorable case results. We limit our practice exclusively to criminal defense law. We can help you if you are facing allegations for:
- RICO: Racketeering charges involve multiple individuals or entities knowingly committing crimes as daily business. These charges can be similar to gang conspiracy.
- Possession: Possession charges can vary in severity. For example, a charge of possession with intent to sell can have greater consequences than a simple possession charge.
- Distribution: A small detail can make a big difference in a distribution charge. For instance, if you have a drug stored in multiple containers, you can be charged with drug distribution.
- Cultivation: Federal law is much different than state law when it comes to cultivating certain drugs. These are complicated and serious charges.
- Manufacturing: Charges of manufacturing are serious. Common allegations involve manufacturing illegal substances in meth labs.
- Prescription drug fraud: Prescription drug abuse is so rampant that it has become a national crisis. Usually, these charges involve opioids like OxyContin.
- Marijuana cases: Marijuana use is now legal for those over the age of 21, however the laws regulating its purchase and use are still confusing. You may be eligible for dismissal or reduced charges of a marijuana-related conviction.
How To Defend Against Drug Charges
While a repeat offender will face harsher penalties than a first-time offender, a drug charge can be dismissed or reduced depending on the facts of your case. In any case, our attorneys use reliable defense strategies tailored to meet your legal needs. Our strategy for defending against drug charges is to find out if there is a factual defense or a legal defense such as suppression. We also pursue pretrial programs or diversion programs, such as Prop 36, to mitigate your risk of incarceration.
The federal drug crime cases we have worked on are generally more serious because federal penalties usually carry increased mandatory minimum sentences. The conviction rate for federal drug crimes is above 90 percent. In addition, over half of those convicted are sentenced for three years or longer. For these reasons, our team will construct a defense that can factors in a range of matters such as a conspiracy defense, illegal search and seizure, and entrapment defenses.
Arrested For Possession Of Drugs? Call Us For A Free Consultation.
Arrested for drug possession in the Bay Area and seeking immediate representation? Without an attorney, you can a face life-altering sentence. Our experienced attorneys can help you mitigate risk and avoid critical errors. Do not let the drug charges against you define you for the rest of your future. With a team of legal professionals, you can protect your best interests and mitigate risk to your drug defense.
No matter the type of charge, our attorneys at Thompson Garcia can help. We provide representation for individuals charged in California with a variety of state and federal drug crimes. In addition, we have experience defending immigrants against drug charges that can result in deportation. Contact us online or call our office in Pleasanton at 510-STAR-580 for a free and private consultation. Our team is available 24 hours a day, and we have Spanish-speaking staff who can assist you if needed.