Statistics show that illegal drug use continues to rise, so law enforcement continues ever-increasing efforts toward drug-related crimes. Drug charges can range from possessing small amounts of controlled substances to driving under the influence of drugs to significant drug racketeering cases. Regardless of the offense level, working with an experienced criminal law firm is important to build a tough drug crime defense.
Our defense attorneys at Thompson • Garcia Law have been defending individuals against allegations of drug offenses for more than 65 years. We will ensure your rights are protected as we build a solid defense for your case. Our efforts are focused on getting your drug case dismissed. However, if necessary, we can negotiate with prosecutors to pursue reduced criminal charges. If you have been under investigation or arrested, and charged with any drug-related violation, call our experienced drug crime lawyers.
When Do I Need a Drug Crime Lawyer?
If you have been arrested for a drug crime in California, contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Without a knowledgeable attorney, you can unknowingly overlook details that could help your defense. Our firm has 65-plus years of legal experience, resulting in favorable case results. We limit our practice exclusively to criminal defense law. We can help you if you are facing allegations for:
- RICO: Racketeering charges involve multiple individuals or entities knowingly committing crimes as a daily business. These charges can be similar to gang conspiracy.
- Possession: Possession charges can vary in severity. For example, a possession charge with intent to sell can have more significant consequences than a simple possession charge.
- Distribution: A small detail can significantly affect a distribution charge. For instance, if you have a drug stored in multiple containers, you can be charged with drug distribution.
- Cultivation: Federal law is much different from state law regarding cultivating certain drugs. These are complicated and severe charges.
- Manufacturing: Charges of manufacturing are serious. Common allegations involve manufacturing illegal substances in meth labs.
- Prescription drug fraud: Prescription drug abuse is so rampant that it has become a national crisis. Usually, these charges involve opioids like OxyContin.
- Marijuana cases: Marijuana use is now legal for those over 21. However, the laws regulating its purchase and use are still confusing. You may be eligible for dismissal or reduced charges of a marijuana-related conviction.
Are you facing drug charges in California? Call Thompson Garcia, A Law Corporation today at (510) 757-1878 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our drug crime lawyer in Dublin, CA!
- Thorough, Strategic Representation
- 65 Years of Combined Experience
- No Case Is Too Big
- Spanish-Speaking Services
How to Defend Against Drug Charges
While a repeat offender will face harsher penalties than a first-time offender, a drug charge can be dismissed or reduced depending on the facts of your case. In any case, our attorneys use reliable defense strategies tailored to meet your legal needs. Our plan for defending against drug charges is to find out if there is a factual defense or a legal defense such as suppression. We also pursue pretrial or diversion programs, such as Prop 36, to mitigate your risk of incarceration.
The federal drug crime cases we have worked on are generally more severe because federal penalties usually carry increased mandatory minimum sentences. The conviction rate for federal drug crimes is above 90 percent. In addition, over half of those convicted are sentenced to three years or longer. For these reasons, our team will construct a defense that can factor in various matters, such as a conspiracy defense, illegal search and seizure, and entrapment defenses.
Contact Our Drug Crime Lawyer Today
Were you arrested for drug possession in the Bay Area and seeking immediate representation? Without an attorney, you can face a life-altering sentence. Our experienced attorneys can help you mitigate risk and avoid critical errors. Do not let the drug charges against you define you for the rest of your future. With a team of legal professionals, you can protect your best interests and mitigate risk to your drug defense.
No matter the type of charge, our attorneys at Thompson • Garcia Law, can help. We provide representation for individuals charged in California with various state and federal drug crimes. In addition, we have experience defending immigrants against drug charges that can result in deportation. Contact us online or call our office in Pleasanton at (510) 757-1878 for a free and private consultation. Our team is available 24 hours a day, and we have Spanish-speaking staff who can assist you if needed.
Contact Thompson Garcia, A Law Corporation today to schedule a FREE consultation with our drug crime attorney in Dublin, CA!
“This is the best of the best law firms in the Bay Area.”- Shirley T.
“I am very grateful for the help and support and would recommend this law firm to anybody.”- Tom K.
“The staff is amazing and was extremely patient with us and the troubles that came with our case.”- Maricela G.
“They saved me years of prison time by proving that I was falsely accused of a crime.”- Becky H.
“This law firm is top notch and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Garcia and Thompson.”- Casie Z.